Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Digital Photography
  1. Garry Winogrand, Winogrand, 1988
  2. 15, 36
  3. Three reasons why I like my first photo chose are because I really enjoy the expression on the faces of the people in the background. Also Winogrand was able to capture motion in this photo which is a very hard thing to do, so you don’t really know how many times this man had to do a back flip. The third reason why I enjoyed this photo was because he was able to separate clearly what was the subject and in the foreground opposed to what was in the background.
  4. My second photo chose was a photo of Kennedy at a democratic debate; Winogrand is behind Kennedy so you are not able to see is face and you getting the sense of being on stage with all the other important politicians. His unique camera angle drew my eye to this photo. Another technique that I found interesting in this photo was what Winogrand left out, and that was Kennedy’s face but there is a television placed behind stage that Winogrand thoughtfully capture in his photo. Showing the Kennedy’s faces and letting us all know who is speaking. Lastly another thing that I enjoyed about this photo is how Winogrand is able to turn a serious situation into an artist expression showing how you can turn anything into art and he does a good job by documenting this debate in such a unique way.
  5. I looked through many photography books but Winogrands approach of capturing people on the streets caught my eye. Out of all the genres in photography I enjoy street photography the most; I like the candid expressions raw expressions that you can capture. To me that it the most real type of art you can get.
  6. Winogrand has many strengths in is artist approach, one of them being able to capture people in a raw way, he doesn’t exploit them in any way he is able to make all his subjects look beautiful even if their expression isn’t. Another this is what he leaves out, what you leave out of a photo is just as impotent as what you include. Anything that Winogrand is very good at is separating his subject from the setting that they are in.
  7. What makes a good photo is when a photograph has all its technical aspects included like line, movement, a focus, angles and a good subject matter but most importantly you photography need to catch the attention of its views. Something that is visually stimulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment